Husband traveling and the wife refusing to accompany him

Q 2: A man has been abroad for more than a year leaving his wife and four children behind. He does not want to return home and wishes to settle abroad, but his wife does not agree to this arrangement. He does not send her any money and he has even taken her Mahr (mandatory gift to a bride from her groom) before traveling. Now, the woman wants to get a divorce. Is this permissible?

A: If the reality is as mentioned, she has the right to write to him asking for a divorce. If this is difficult or if he refuses to divorce her, she can resort to a religious judge to do what is necessary to get her a divorce and guarantee her rights and those of her children. (Part No. 19; Page No. 346) May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.