My father concluded my marriage

Q: Your Eminence, I authorized my father to be my agent in marrying the eldest one of my cousins on my behalf. I used to live in a remote city far from my father and my uncle. The girl whom I authorized my father to marry on my behalf got married to another man, so my father concluded the marriage contract with the younger girl instead of the elder. When I heard the news, I was satisfied with what my father had done and considered her as my wife and she was satisfied with that. After I came, my uncle asked me to bring him a Fatwa concerning whether this is permissible or not. The question is: Is this permissible or not? Could you kindly advise? May Allah protect you.

A: If the matter is as mentioned, the contract is valid because it is one of the contracts which depend on the consent of the competent person and this condition is fulfilled. (Part No. 18; Page No. 123) May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.