Kaffarah for deeming the husband unlawful

Q: A misunderstanding arose between me and my husband, and he beat me. I then left my husband's home and lived with my parents for more than a year. Some people tried to bring about a reconciliation between us, but I declared meeting my husband as being Haram (prohibited) for me. Recently, my stepsons (of my husband's deceased wife) visited me and responded to all my requests so I was content and I agreed to return to my husband on condition that my stepsons bring me a Fatwa to read before returning to my husband's home. My question is: is it Wajib (obligatory) on me to offer Kaffarah (expiation), observe Sawm (Fast), etc. Because of the prohibition I imposed on myself?

A: If the case is exactly as you have mentioned, it is Wajib on you to make Istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah) and Tawbah (repentance to Allah) for declaring your husband Haram to you, as Allah (Exalted be He) says: O you who believe! Make not unlawful the Tayyibât (all that is good as regards foods, things, deeds, beliefs, persons) which Allâh has made lawful to you You must return to your husband and feed ten needy people by giving each one of them half a Sa`(1 Sa` = 2.172 kg) of wheat, rice, or any other staple food of your country, or you may clothe ten needy people by giving each one of them a garment. (Part No. 23; Page No. 188) May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.