Ruling if a person gives his son the same name as that of another person from another tribe

Q: I present to Your Eminence what the members of the Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (CPVPV) have observed in Al-Farshah, Tuhamah, Qahtan: Some parties take place in that area which they call [Samwah (naming)] where a person gives his son the same name as that of another person from another tribe. The person, whose name was given, raises some funds and collects some clothes and goes with some of his family members in a car which might be available to the person who was given the name and the former gives the latter the money and other things which are called [Kiswah (clothing)].The person who was given the name gives a party for the person whose name was given and slaughters a large number of camels and sheep and prepares other types of food. Then, the latter gives a similar party which will be larger than the first and which incurs more loss of money.Is it permissible to eat such meat and food which is prepared for these parties? I pray Allah (Exalted be He) and hope that Your Eminence issue a Fatwa (legal opinion issued by a qualified Muslim scholar) on this topic. May Allah benefit us all with it. May Allah safeguard you. (Part No. 10; Page No. 471

A: These Wala'im (Sing. Walimah [wedding dinner]) which are prepared for giving the name of a person to another are unlawful because related people immoderately spend money. The person who wants to spend money, should do so on the poor members of the tribe; widows, orphans and the needy from among their relatives and others. Allah (Exalted be He) says: They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) what they should spend. Say: Whatever you spend of good must be for parents and kindred and orphans and Al­-Masakin (the needy) and the wayfarers, and whatever you do of good deeds, truly, Allah knows it well. .May Allah grant us success. May Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.