Husband making his wife unlawful for him if he brings a certain person to his country and company

Q: I was extremely angry while having a discussion with my colleague at work, I said to him, "My wife will be prohibited for me as my brother and sister, if so and so enters this country and works in this company," meaning that I will not be instrumental in bringing him and employing him in the institution where I work. My intention was not to do him harm; rather I wanted to save him from any harm that another colleague might do him.Now, my dear brother, what is the Shari`ah ruling if I want to retract my words and enable this man to enter this country and work at this institution, contrary to the oath I had taken; bearing in mind that my family and I follow the Madh-hab (School of Jurisprudence) of Imam Malik (may Allah be merciful to him)? If Kaffarah (expiation) is due, what is its amount and instructions?Allow me to remind you that when I took the oath, I did not mean to admonish anyone or to settle a problem. Moreover, my wife was not involved in this talk. (Part No. 20; Page No. 306) My wife knows nothing about this matter up till now. I am looking forward to your prompt reply and Fatwa (legal opinion issued by a qualified Muslim scholar).

A: If the case is as you have mentioned, you must offer Kaffarah for Zhihar (a man likening his wife to an unmarriageable relative), if you break your oath, i.e. the man begins working at your institution. The Kaffarah is freeing a believing bondsman, and if you do not find a bondsman to emancipate, you must fast for two consecutive months. If you are also unable to do this, due to illness or old age, you must feed sixty poor persons. May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet, his family and Companions.