Concluding marriage contract and requesting to consummate the marriage during four years

Q: I concluded a marriage contract with a woman and paid the Mahr (mandatory gift to a bride from her groom) in full four years ago. During this period, I have asked her father several times to allow me to consummate the marriage with her but he refused. Is there any blame on me for this past period?

A: If the reality is as you mentioned, that you concluded the marriage contract, paid the Mahr in full, and requested to consummate the marriage with your bride, but her father refused, given that there are no impediments to consummate the marriage other than what you mentioned, there is no blame on you in sha’a Allah (if Allah wills) for the past four years. May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.