Carrying the paternal uncle's name

Q: I was young when my father died and my paternal uncle took custody of me. When I grew older, I used my uncle's name on some official papers instead of my father's. I didn't do this out of arrogance towards my father's name, but because I lived under the auspices of my uncle for such a long time. I did the same for my children. Am I to blame for that? If so, what should I do. Kindly give me your Fatwa in this regard. May Allah protect you.

A: You must change your name and that of your children by correcting your lineage according to the name of your father instead of your uncle's. In addition, you must inform the official authorities of the new changes.May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.