Swearing by the Mus-haf not to commit a sin and committing it

Q: I committed a sin once, twice and thrice. I then swore by the Mus-haf (copy of the Qur'an) that I will not repeat this sin again, and swore thrice by Allah, the Greatest, not to do this sin. However, Satan overcame me and I committed this sin again. What should I do regarding these two oaths, particularly considering that I am a married man? What should I do to have sexual intercourse with my wife after this oath? Guide me, may Allah grant you success. (Part No. 23; Page No. 117

A: If the case is as you mentioned, you must repent to Allah and observe Istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah) for the sin you committed. You must offer Kaffarah (expiation), which is to feed ten needy persons, clothe them or emancipate a believing bondsman. If you cannot do any of these things, you should fast for three days.May Allah grant us success. May Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his Family and Companions.