Promising to a man to marry his daughter but marrying another after his father refused

Q 1: I promised a man to marry his daughter but my father (Part No. 23; Page No. 110) later refused; therefore, I married another woman. Do I have to make Kaffarah (expiation)?

A: You must make Kaffarah for an oath for not fulfilling your promise and marrying the man's daughter. This can be done by feeding ten needy persons, clothing them, or freeing a believing slave. If none of these is available, you should fast for three days.May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.