Letting the sick cousin live in the same house

Q: My father's cousin is about 70 years old and I want to bring him to live with me and my children, since he has no kin other than me and my younger brother. He is very old and no longer has any desire to marry, and also suffers periods of amnesia. He underwent some tests at the Hospital in Jeddah and doctors concluded that he suffers cerebral atrophy that causes loss of memory. He sometimes gets lost when returning from the Masjid (mosque). Doctors said that his case is incurable - unless Allah wills otherwise.What is the ruling on bringing this man to live in my house among my children and wives? He needs someone to look after him and there is no one to do so except me. It is so bad that he may ask where someone is though the person is sitting with him.

A: If the case is as has been mentioned, there will be no objection to your father's cousin coming to live with you in your home, as there is a necessity for him to do so. It is a good deed and you will be rewarded for it - In sha’a-Allah (if Allah wills). However, it is obligatory on your wives and daughters to wear Hijab (veil) before him and avoid Khulwah (being in privacy with a member of the opposite sex) with him since he is Ajnaby (a man other than a husband or unmarriageable male relatives) for them.May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.