Disowning a disobedient son

Q: I have a disobedient eighteen-year-old son who performs all actions that displease me, bearing in mind that his mother is divorced. He never obeys Allah. He is in constant disobedience. I tried hard to straighten him out. I gave him a lot of things, but it was all in vain. He has even been imprisoned several times for escaping from the army. Is it permissible for me to disown him before the Shari`ah Court? Guide me, may Allah reward you in the worldly life and the Hereafter!

A: It is not permissible for you to disown your son, because he is legally established as your own son. You should continue giving him advice and asking Allah to guide him.May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.