A person is required to make Du`a''

A: If the matter is as you have mentioned, you will be permitted to supplicate Allah (Exalted be He) for your parents and ask Him to forgive them as well as to pay money in charity on their behalf according to your ability. May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.