A grandfather granting some property during his lifetime to the offspring of his deceased son

Q: I am a farmer who lives in Al-Sir region. In the past, things were bad, meaning, I did not have anything of worldly property. My children grew up and became employees, so we built houses and purchased pieces of land. In Jumada Al-Akhir, 1397 A.H., one of my sons died. He left behind a wife, a daughter and a son. My real income includes the revenue of farming and the salaries of my children. However, we did not make any difference between the two sources of income. Is it permissible for me to put the deceased's children in place of their father, or not?

A: You may assign to them from the money you have what you think is equal to the income given to you by their deceased father. You should take the consent of the other (Part No. 16; Page No. 527) sons who have added to this income as well. You may agree to place the deceased's children instead of him - exactly as if he were alive - and assign a portion for his wife in order to be satisfied and to free the charge of the deceased, your children and your own charge. May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.